Saturday 11 April 2020

Common Sense Dancing: Mellotron Suite: Long Summer Days

This piece of music was written quite quickly after I realised that I was going to need a third theme in Where Shall We Go, rather than just repeat another variation of what have become called Ambling Excitedly and Caught In The Rain.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Quite by accident it seems to evoke exactly what its title suggests. Its mood reminds me of some of the incidental music of my favourite film, Watership Down**.

Extra points if you can smell the dry grass and feel the sun on your face.

Tomorrow we end our journey through Common Sense Dancing - see you then!

** A film that, bizarrely, links Hancock's Half Hour and Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds..

No comments:

Post a Comment